Saturday, September 1, 2012

Week 3 - CHECK!

Another week successfully completed!  Before we began this journey, I felt God calling us to homeschool.  The problem was, I had no idea how to trust that what I thought was God speaking, actually was.  I know now, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this crazy, tough, amazing life IS what God wants for our family.  I know this because I still have a desire to do it even when I really don't want to.  I honestly love it even when I am completely and totally overwhelmed. 

This third week of school was a bit crazy and not even the slightest bit conventional but I think that's part of what's so amazing about homeschooling.  We had family in and out part of the week, my hubby headed off to New Orleans for Hurricane Isaac cleanup and the baby has been sick (read: clingy, cranky and sleeping even worse than usual).  Even with all of that, we managed to squeeze in 3 days worth of learning time and even though it would have been easier to just write off the week as one of our "off" weeks, we powered through.  It's weeks like this that even I wonder how I do it but now that the week is done, I can look back and count it a success.  I could never do it without my amazing husband who more or less went along with us homeschooling in the beginning but one morning this week, sensing things going south quickly, took a moment to pray for the kids and I before he left for work.  I am also surrounded by an understanding and supportive family and friends who I'm learning to rely on more and more.  It's just amazing how God provides abundantly more than we could ask or imagine!


Here's a few pictures from our week...

Syd begs to "learn my ABCs on you phone" several times a day.  :)


Pollination potato chip style


Taking a fun tip from my amazingly encouraging friend, Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment