Wednesday, August 8, 2012

It's only day 3...

I may be new-ish to this homeschooling thing but I have learned a few worthwhile lessons so far.  I think the most important thing I've learned is knowing when to walk away from a lesson or school in general.  Today was one of those days that I knew wasn't going to be productive so instead of forcing it and us all being miserable, we baked cookies.  :)  No, we can't make this an everyday thing but there's a lot to be learned in every day life that can't be taught in a textbook or workbook.

Hopefully we'll get around to some formal learning after supper but if we don't we'll be ok.  Part of the beauty of our choice in schooling is the flexibility it offers.  I'm grateful for this opportunity for our family.


My baking assistants (minus one)

1 comment:

  1. Great reminder! Sometimes it's just one of those days. We have those here too.

    ReplyDelete